Mary Magdalene and The Red Egg Patroness of Women Porcelain Tile Plaque Includes a Blessed Prayer Card and a Czech Crystal Beads Chaplet
- Rich in color, exquisite design, includes the easel, can be hung or displayed
- interior or exterior. 6 x 6, includes a blessed prayer card
- red and clear crystal czech beads - silver overlay medal on one end with Pray for Us on back -
- silver overlay Fleur de Lis at the other end - approx. 9.5" total length -
- silver overlay with anodized aluminum base - Anodizing increases resistance to corrosion and wear.
traditional legend holds that Mary Magdalene was bringing cooked eggs to share with the other women at the tomb of Jesus. The eggs in her basket miraculously turned brilliant red when she beheld the Risen Christ. Another common legend talks about St. Mary Magdalene's role as an evangelist, helping to spread the Gospel. It says that after Jesus' Ascension, Mary traveled to visit the Emperor Tiberius in Rome and greeted him with: “Christ has risen” whereupon he pointed to an egg on his table and quipped, “Christ has no more risen than that egg is red.” The egg, it is said, immediately turned blood red.